Information about DBA studies
The DBA (Doctor of Business Administration) is the highest level of management education. The goal of the DBA program is to develop advanced managerial skills and abilities with an emphasis on effective strategic decisions and finding new processes and innovative solutions in practice.
Completing your online application is quick, easy and free of charge. Afterwards, our study coordinator will contact you to complete the necessary requirements for studying DBA Management and Leadership.
The first meeting of students with school representatives, where students obtain detailed information about the study, the benefits they are gaining, the assessments of individual classes etc. A methodological seminar is prepared in order to help students with the writing of papers, which they are obligated to submit as assessment.
Interactive meetings with top lecturers
The lectures are organised in a form of workshops, each of the lasts 3x45 minutes. Lecturer meetings take place monthly on workdays from 5pm. They are optional but attendance is abundant because students gain valuable information and experience they will not find in the standard literature and study materials.
Traditional and online library
There is a modern online library available for students, with over 5200 titles in Czech. The library offers unlimited access and the possibility to read books online and offline. In addition, students can use Business Institut library that offers more than 1,000 scientific sources.
Support of the Study Department
All requests and queries are immediately forwarded to our study department for solution. Our study coordinators are happy to help you resolve any problem or question. The students can contact the study department anytime and we will do our best to meet the students needs.
Coffee breaks, success stories
Students can attend gratis bonus lectures and seminars with interesting personalities. During its existence, Business Institut has been visited by dozens of personalities from various fields of business, education and media.
Modern e-learning environment
Since the beginning of the study programme, the students have access to a modern e-learning platform, where all study materials, study information and access to literature can be found in one place. The platform also enables efficient communication with lecturers and the study department.
Consultation with lecturers
DBA is intended for those with appropriate managerial experience. Students and lecturers discuss and solve topics from their own professional life and managerial careers. They receive valuable feedback from lecturers and opponents on possible solutions.
These meetings supports the possibility of establishing interesting professional ties. During these meetings, students gain valuable contacts with new potential clients, business partners or associates, and create paths for new job opportunities.
Graduation ceremony is the culmination event for successful graduates who, in a spectacular atmosphere, can fully enjoy the feeling of success and the achievement of another professional goal. They can, of course, also invite their relatives or friends to the event.
After successful completion of the DBA study, the contact with the school is not terminated. Our Alumni Club graduates are also invited to a number of lectures, educational blocks and networking meetings, which we regularly prepare for them.
Diploma and prestigious DBA title
Graduates receive a diploma labeled DBA Management and Leadership. With a diploma to obtain a prestigious DBA title, graduates will be ranked among the management elite and may apply for attractive top management positions.
Starting a DBA
Course of DBA Studies
- Methodological seminar
- Final thesis consultations
- Optional modules
- Final thesis consultations
End of study
- Final thesis defense
Learn more about DBA
- Submit an application
- University diploma of second degree
- The DBA training program is the highest level of management education
- The DBA program is designed primarily for MBA graduates
How to apply
- Submit an online application
- Attach a copy of the proof of education (possible to be submitted subsequently)
- Our study department will carry out all your admission issues with you
- Filling out the online application form is free of charge
- Business Institut will determine whether you have been admitted
When do we start
- Start of the study cycle always March 15th and October 1st each year
- Each student gains access to the student section (interactive learning environment)
- There is a seminar that covers the necessities of writing the advancement papers and the final thesis
- The student has a library and all the necessary literature available
Course of the study
- Flexible combined form of study in English
- Duration of study 12 to 16 months
- The study programme is divided into 3 blocks (semesters)
- The study contains 10 study modules where the last one is dedicated solely to the writing of the final thesis
- Optional lecturing meetings (interactive attendance workshops): 3 x 60 min for each module. (Once a month) + individual consultation
- The duration of the study can be extended or interrupted for 6 months
- All students are invited to bonus seminars with interesting personalities
- All students have access to the online library
- We organise networking events where students can get new contacts beneficial to their careers
- Our students can attend lectures from other study programmes
- Within the last module the prepares the final thesis
- The study is completed by the defense of the final thesis
- The students receive their DBA diplomas at a graduation ceremony
- Are invited to events organised by Business Institut
- Can use expert tutors' consultations
- Receive a discount for further training